Saturday, December 12, 2009

New Project: Nurgle Contagions

I have decided on a new scratch build project. I am planning to build three Nurgle Contagion Daemonic Engines for Apocalypse games. I think they will be a good addition to my Apocalypse Deathguard army.

I am imagining a super heavy artillery piece, sort of a Plague Tower Lite.

I haven't finalized a datafax but something similar to a vindicator tank's armor, with 2 structure points, a longer range pus mortar and a pus cannon, and include the nurgling infestation and explosion of filth special rules from the Plague Tower.

I am undecided about a points cost and I am still researching if it had a transport capacity or not.

I want to have the first one done by 31Jan2010 and enter it in the PapaNurgle forum Nurgle Apocalypse contest.

My basic ideas is to start from a foam insulation block for the hull and the trebuchet counter weight. Cast up more wheels like the ones I used for the Plague towers. Build the trebuchet from balsa or bass wood and a hull cannon from PVC pipe.

I am still looking for a more detailed picture to use as a guide for the build.

ColKG

4 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Good luck with those disgusting buggers. ;-)

IIRC they did not have a transport capacity, were just only-shooting versions of the plague towers.

Pic:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/at2/2009/1/14/6ec5e1e481c8b99f5b951cfee24fe9f1_4435.jpg

ColKillgore said...

I found out they first appeared for epic in us White Dwarf 188.

thanks for the link to the picture.

Chuckaroobob said...

Puss cannons? Explosion of Filth?Ewwwwwwwwwww.
Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning. Why can't you just build something rightous and beautiful for a change? Like a tramp steamer or something. Oh, wait.....

ColKillgore said...

I have been thinking about building two or three junks. One junk wouldn't be enough especially if you mount that deck gun on the tramp steamer. Three junks, on the other hand, packed full of chinese pirates might make for an interesting game.