Friday, March 4, 2011

Old West Figure count

An old gaming buddy has expressed an interest in doing some western gaming. We haven't gamed anything in years but thanks to the Internet we have kept up. I will be able to play a game or two in a couple weeks so I broke out the figure. As much as I like westerns you would figure I would have more but this is it.



Here is the group shot. They are a combination of Pinnacle Great rail wars figures, Ral Partha Banditos and a single Chronoscope figure. The Pinnacle figures were in bad shape. I painted them over ten years ago and it shows. They had a fuzzy primer and a bunch of mold lines still showing. I cleaned off the mold lines and dropped them all into the simple green.

here is a group shot of the Banditios. I converted one of the duplicated poses to have a bowie knife in his off hand and plan to give the other two duplicate poses differ paint jobs to tell the difference.


I am debating about using Gordo here as my gang leader. I am still deciding on a paint scheme but i mill watch some more Italian westerns to get some inspiration.




The best painted off the bunch is an Ellen Stone figure from the Reaper Chronoscope line. I really like the figure and bought it just to paint with no real plan to use it in gaming. If I don't use Gordo as the leader she probably will be.



The last three are Pinnacle figure I repainted a few years ago. The Model in the center is, of course, Prospector Bob international man of mystery. He is headed back to his roots and his rifle will lend a little long range firepower to the mostly pistol armed gang.


I am not sure which rule set we plan to play with. Either Legends of the Old West, Gut shot or The Rules with no Name. I plan to show with my figures and roll with whatever game they want to play.

2 comments:

Chuckaroobob said...

You realize, of course, that the Catawba Game for March 19th is Western Gunfighters!

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges?

ColKillgore said...

I guess I will have to stat out my Desperado gang for LOTOW. Is it a bring your own figs game or a use their figs game?

ColKG