Sunday, April 17, 2011

40k league to 750 points

I managed to play four games at 500 points for the league. It left me at 1 win, no draws and 3 loses. I did refresh myself with the rules but I am still finding something new every game. We have moved into the next cycle, gaining 250 points to add to my list. I went through several lists but decided to go for more units with less upgrades. I will use this cycle to prepare for the next cycle at 1000 points. The list follows for my Catachan Imperial Guard Company Command squad 1 Flamer Senior Officer bolter Infantry platoon Platoon Command 2 Flamers Junior officer Bolter Infantry squad 1 Flamer Sergeant Bolt pistol Power weapon Commissar Bolt pistol Power Weapon Infantry Squad 1 Flamer Sergeant Bolt Pistol Power weapon Heavy Weapon Squad 3 Missile launchers Special Weapon Squad Demo Charge 2 Grenade Launchers Veteran Squad Demo Charge 1 Meltagun Sergeant Las pistol CCW 2 scout sentinels auto cannons Stormtrooper squad 2 plasmaguns Sergeant Hot shot lasgun I need to make two models with bolters and no power weapons to field the list. I dropped the power fists I had in the list because they rarely lived to swing back. I added the commissar so I can combine the squads and maybe have a chance against some of the marine assault squads. I know a couple people are going to have a 2+ save so I added a couple demo charges to at least give me a chance. I dropped the power weapon from the storm trooper sergeant and used the points else were. I went through at least five versions of the 750 list and choose this more stripped down list with more potential in later rounds. I will not be able to get any gaming in till after the Easter Holidays but maybe the weekend after that. ColKG

2 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Demo charges at 750 have the potential to be HILARIOUS. Either devastating to that marine uber-unit or crippling yourself.

Fun!

ColKillgore said...

I thought about needing something in the list to go after 2+ saves. the Leman Russ and Banewolf have too much armor. a lascannon heavy weapon squad was too pricey so I settled on adding in a couple demo charges. I will have two chances to get on my opponents Uber unit or die trying.

ColKG