Friday, April 5, 2013

World Eater Khorne Berserker Icon Bearer

Back in 2012 A new games workshop store opened in Winston Salem at Silas Creek Crossing. I spent most of the day building a World Eater Khorne Berserker Icon Bearer.


This is the model at the end of that day. I used a Blood letter champion head, sword arm and standard on a chaos marine body. I sculpted the neck onto the head but once it was in place none of that could be seen. I didn't place in the contest but I did get another Icon bearer for my Worldeaters. I worked on it, on and off but didn't finish it in time for the First War for Armageddon Apocalypse game. Back on the painting desk it went until a week ago when I set down and finished to model.


 I removed the blood letter head and replaced it with a regular Khorne berserker head. The people I showed the conversion to almost always assumed it was a chaos daemon model and not a Khorne Berserker so I replaced to blood letter head. He is still on the path and has been blessed with a Hellblade and Blasphemous icon.


The white and blue on his leg marks him out as a veteran of the long war, a survivor of the original World Eater legion. I painted the backpack to look like it is possessed by a living daemon. I attempted a free handed World eater symbol on the shoulder pad. It is okay for now but I am debating going back and redoing it.


A little closer look.


A final look to show the glowing eyes and grim visage that were the last sight of untold innocents.

ColKG

2 comments:

Chris said...

Looks great really like the blue and white armor bits.

ColKillgore said...

Thanks. I like how the blue/white contrasts with all the red and it adds a little back story marking them as ten thousand year old veterans of the Heresy and survivors of the original Worldeater Space marine Legion. My plan is to use the blue and white paint to mark out the squads in my World eaters army. I wanted to use the blue/white to mark out squads for the First War for Armageddon apocolypse battle last year but ended up just getting the majority of the army to a minimum standard to get them all on the table. I want to finish a twenty model squad with one leg blue/white and a secong twenty model squad with the opposite leg blue/white.