Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bolt Action Type 97 Chi-Ha tanks assembled

I finished building both Bolt Action Type-97 Chi-Ha WWII Japanese tanks. Both kits had little to no flash on the hull and only one had any amount on the turrets. They went together well and I want to get them primed and painted once the weather allows.



I ended up sculpting the rear facing turret machine gun on both tanks from greenstuff. The regular metal bit would have worked fine but I doubted they would last very long once they were handled a bit. I used a bit of brass wire as the armature for the machine gun and hope it looks good once it is painted.

ColKG

2 comments:

Chuckaroobob said...

I am a river to my people!
And you're making a lot more progress than I am!

Chris said...

Always been a fan of Japanese tanks. They are generally neat and small, like most the Japanese.