Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mining Shack terrain built

I have been working on some different terrain to add to the collection. this started out as the top of an action figure watch tower I picked up at a Goodwill outlet store in Winston Salem. parts were broken off of it but the box and the legs were in good shape. I really wanted the legs to make a water tower but I figured I could make something from the to also.


A good while later here is the Mine shack. The idea is that this building covers the top of the mine shaft. It contains the elevator going down to the working levels. After a little more research I need to have a mine head frame for the cables and a steam donkey engine to provide the power to lift the elevator. So maybe they just used ladders, it will save a bit of modeling that way.

ColKG

3 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

I love this Colonel!

ColKillgore said...

Thanks, now I just need to finish the water tower and get them both painted.

Powerposey said...

Nice find! Walking through Michael's this time of year also has some great things that can be converted.