Sunday, November 16, 2014

Elder Miniatures: Grenadier's Cthulhu


 
Hi Kids,  Old figs are all the rage right now, so howsabout some Elder Gods minis?  I don't remember what these particular beasties might be, and even if I knew which was which I doubt I could spell the damn things.  Only the Aztecs had gods more unpronounceable than HP Lovecraft.
 Then again, if I took the trouble to check the sheet that came with the box all would no doubt be revealed.  Too bad its all the way down in the basement, three staircases from here.  Guess it'll have to wait for another day.

 Who's that on the right?  Looks like the big C himself. Does anyone else remember that old song sung to the tune of Chattanooga Choo-choo?

"Pardon me boy, is that the lair of great Cthulhu?
In the city of slime, where its night all the time..."

Then again, maybe not...
Shocking but true, some of these bad boys are painted.  Those Deep Ones are some of the first figs I ever drybrushed! Back then we didn't bother painting the bases, we figured in all our teenage knowledge you'd have to paint different colors depending on what kind of terrain the figure was supposed to be standing on at that particular moment.  I still really like the winded snake on the left, although I'm not really sure it's out of the Cthulhu mythos at all.  Maybe its Aztec...

1 comment:

ColKillgore said...

You know you are playing Call of Cthulhu when the gamemaster puts down a miniature and none of the players know what it is.