Sunday, February 22, 2015

Warmachine and Dust Bunnies

Hi Kids,  Super B (aka Bryan) and I decided to get some of the lead out last Sunday, and the perfect game for us (due to ease of play, ease of transportation, ease of terrain, and ease of dice) was WARMACHINE!  Yes, they tell us we can't just type Warmachine. Its gotta be all capitals.  And who am I to argue? I don't agree with Check Your Six! either.  Why not just use Check Your Six without the exclamation point?  Go figure. Anyway, turns out we had a free afternoon so I headed over to Wargames West (aka Super B's house) in Elkin NC for some weight lifting. With Khador, it can be a lotta weight!
 I'm the first to admit these pictures suck, they were taken with a ten year old cellphone since I forgot to bring along my camera.  Bummer, huh?  So this is the army I choose; Scorcha (as we pronounce it), a Jugg, a Destroyer, a Demolisher, a Behemoth and a Kovnik. Had to use my gal Scorcha, that mini is the only reason I bought into this freakin' game at all!  (When this game first came out the only way to get her around here was to buy an army starter of her and two jacks. I thought the Khador jacks looked silly, but after six months gave in and had to have Scorcha!  Anyway, the jacks grew on me and I ended up buying about $1000 of PP stuff.  Last thing I bought was a Khador Colossus for $100!) This was the baptism of fire for my Behemoth, it's been sitting in the basement for about 5 years, the last one or two painted.  Yes, I know those are the wrong guns on the Behemoth. He came without them, and PP wanted about $18.00 shipping to replace them, so I just got some guns that were lying around and made do.

Here we have a shot of the final moments of the game, when my opponent's warcaster got body slammed by the Demolisher and about 3 bombard shots.  You can see the Demo's path of destruction through the unit of infantry. Huzzah!!! Remember there are only two rules in life; 1: Never get between a hippo and the river, and 2: Never get within 7.5 inches of a Khador jack!
Here we have a similar shot of the end of the second game, where my opponent's warcaster got crushed by the Jugg.  Cowabunga!!!

Turns out Warmachine (yeah, I'm a rebel, no caps!) wasn't that easy to transport as three of my jacks were broken in transit, and not so easy to play due to some cards I lost.  And as far as ease of dice, I doubt if Super B would agree on that score.  (I already checked, PP wants $9.83 shipping to replace the $1.50 worth of missing cards!  Sheesh!  Wonder what their profit margin might be...)  I'm gonna have to search the Basement of Heaped Minis for the damn things!

No comments: